Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Economy - by Ratish

Inflation is giving me nightmares these days.Last heard, my post 'strange equations' created quite a ruckus in FinMin. The question was, "how a pensioner can gift Rs 1500/- worth cycle to his grandchild?" This meant only one thing, these guys are not properly taxed. Peace could be restored only when somebody informed that no cycle for a four year old kid is priced below Rs 2000/- these days.Adhiraj got his big & blue cycle on friday. He is happy but is asking for one modification. He does not like supports.While inflation is nagging me so much, my old Sr team members were quite OK with it in my last dream:I said, " Inflation is rising"Pratul sir : local inflation does not bother me, I am international.I said, "Vegetables are so expensive"roshan said, "who is eating vegetables, and why??"I said, "petrol is the root cause."mukesh sir said, " doesn't bother me, I don't drive."I looked towards nirendra sir.He said, "mujhe kaun sa betiyon ki shaadi karni hai?"Ranjan ji said, "jo sirf paan pe survive kar sakta hai, uska inflation kya ukhaad lega?"adityaji said, "jab kisi ko koi fark nahi pad raha hai to humko aur tumko chinta karne ki koi jarrorat nahi hai."I woke up a happy man.P.S.: Chunnu Bhaiya worte "Over the Barrel" in Financial Express, 5th June 08. The article was like a beautiful lady, 'good to look at, difficult to comprehend'. Maybe it was not meant for someone who has passed economics with the help of open book policy. Certainly not for one who subscribes TOI and submits bills of FI as it costs more.

No comments: